It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Post subject: Connecting the iPhone to a videocamera??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:19 am 
Hi!

I was totally blown away by your video you did with the app making music so I am a Youtuber and I want to do that too but I don't know how to connect my iPhone to my videocamera so the music the iPhone produces will be on the video too?????

How did you do that? Is there a cable that connects from the headphones to the videocamera or something???

Peace,
Renato.

Post subject: Re: Connecting the iPhone to a videocamera??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:19 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Renato !

I didn't do the now quite famous "Les Ramens" video, if you were speaking about that one, but I can explain you the trick to do a proper video recording of the looper ^^.

The key is to have an headphone splitter that you plug on your output jack. That way you then have 2 jack outputs. Use one of these to plug-in your headphones as usual, for monitoring purposes, and use the other one for recording the looper output.

If your camera has a standard line input (probably 3.5 female jack), then you can plug this extra looper output directly there with a 2 sided 3.5 male jack cable. Activate the "Microphone PassThrough" option and both your live sound and played loop will be heard and recorded.

If your camera has not that, you will have to record the sound on your PC (same method as above, but the PC replace the cam), and then do some editing to stick video and sound together.

Hope I've been clear enough :mrgreen: !

Have fun and keep us updated if you release some videos !

Raphaël