It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

Post subject: Initial thoughts..
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:13 pm 
Hey, I have been looking forward to this software for a while- Just bought it and have been playing for about 10 minutes and it's fantastic and very fast too but have some questions (and probably misunderstandings):

1. is it not possible to trim my loops so that they actually loop properly without the pause between when I start/stop playing my guitar or whatever and hit to start/stop recording? This is crucial in my opinion.
2. is it possible to have say a 10 second loop for say my 'drum' track but a 20 second loop for my guitar? (I understand this could be difficult to impliment if it isn't already in the app anyway because of timing issues but surely the shorter one would just loop as it would, if the longer one was shorter than required it would just be silent till the last of the shorter loop finishes, if it were longer the shorter loop would go on for one more measure)

Other than that, well done - it's great stuff and I am excited to get playing again. Great work on the uncluttered and fast interface. Might want a new icon, though.

Post subject: Re: Initial thoughts..
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:05 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Thanks for the feedback (and the kind words :D ) Giuseppe.

1) That's right, you can't trim loops. But their is another way for having perfectly timed loops when your two hands are used.

In the Option menu section, you have Recording -> Quantize to loop. Set it to On. That way, when tapping the track, the recording will automatically begin at the next start of the loop and end when reaching the end.

In order for it to work, you have to have already one recorded track. If you haven't, their is no loop length, so quite hard to quantize ;) .

For the first track recording, you have two options. In the Tools menu section, their is a Click track generator. This will generate the first of your tracks for a given tempo and for a given number of beats.
The other way is to simply record the first track the regular way, as a control track, but keeping at least one hand free to time it perfectly. For example you can sing the track. I admit that this way is more suited if you already intent to put another "non guitar" track in the mix ;) .

2) For now, it's not possible. But I have plans for making it possible. I would probably allow a track to artificially double its length if it's half shorter than the global loop length. That's would imply to first record your 20 s track and then your 10 s track, so not totally suited for the example of use that you gave... I will think about it.

GiuseppeL wrote:
Might want a new icon, though.

You mean the app icon that you see on your phone ? What don't you like about it ?

Thanks again for the feedback, that's really appreciated :) .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:13 pm 
Thanks for the reply, I am using your app right now on a song i've been writing over the last few days- it's definately going to become one of my day-to-day tools. After reading your reply I understand it a bit better now and it's perfectly fine now- my suggestion is not really needed anymore.
Going to reccomend this to other musicians I know.

As for the thing about the icon- I don't know really I am overly nit-picky about that sort of thing- it doesn't (to my eyes) fit with the 'apple look' of alot of other icons but it's a matter of taste really- most apps have FAR worse. I do think the homscreen title might look better as just Looper or EDLooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:43 am 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Great that quantization do the trick for you. Out of curiosity, do you use the Click Track Generator or a manually recorded track as your initial loop ?

For the icon and the name, I keep your comments in mind, if it becomes a popular request I'll probably make a move.

By the way, if you release a track in which Everyday Looper has been of some help, don't hesitate to post it in the forum :) .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:36 pm 
when next price drop? just a little... ;)

I'm waiting.

great job ;)