It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

Post subject: microphones adapters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:11 am 
Can any one tell me what kind of adapter or microphone you are using to record with a mic other than the internal iphone mic?

Post subject: Re: microphones adapters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:24 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi chongolio !

I think I can tell you that ^^.

Their is two input other than the internal mic on the iPhone. The first is in the jack, which is a 4 points jack, so one more than usual used for the mic input. My favorite mic for this input is the Philips SHH1610. It's really cheap and sounds really better than the more famous iSoniTalk from Monster.

The other choice is hidden in the dock. There is a line-in there. On this one you can plug some more advanced, and better sounding, devices. I personally own the Alesis ProTrack (2 mics + XLR/Jack stereo line-in) and it works reall well, despite the fact that it's not full-duplex. This means you'll need to use the iPhone sound output (instead of the ProTrack one) to hear your recordings.

Have fun :) !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:57 pm 
Thanks for the tip Raphaël. I will look into your suggestions. I have a couple decent mics that I use with garageband and an alesis audio interface for my recordings. I have never tried to record to the iphone before using anything other than the headset and internal mic. The videos looked like the guys were using some sort of adapter. Thanks for putting together a pretty groovy app. I am sure that everyday looper is gonna keep getting better and better.

Aloha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:24 pm 
Raphaël,

Thanks for this great piece of software. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

I was under the impression the iPhone dock only had a line out. Are you saying that the line out also works as an input?

Cheers,

Justin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:29 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
I'm almost saying that ^^.

In fact, the dock connector has both a line output AND a line input, but to use the line input you have to buy special accessories like the Alesis ProTrack.

Great post on this here : http://blog.faberacoustical.com/2009/iphone/dock-connector-audio-io/

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:40 pm 
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the Blue Mikey external mic would work with Everyday Looper? Blue Microphones make really nice products, but I can't find any confirmation that the device would work with multiple applications.

http://www.bluemic.com/mikey/

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi cslave2 !

I haven't got any report that the blue mikey was either not working or working with Everyday Looper.

However what I can say is that the Alesis ProTrack work like a charm and it uses the same "technique" as the Blue Mikey (line in hidden in the dock).

Cheers :) !