It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

Post subject: input level on ipad mini 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:48 am 
I recently switched from an ipod to an ipad mini 2 and there seems to be a lot less input volume on the ipad. It results in a loss of bass response and tracks that need to be swiped to bring them up to a normal level. I'm using an iRig for electric guitar (even after an effect processor). When I switch back and forth (with all the same levels) the ipod behaves beautifully while the ipad sounds thin and quiet. Anybody else notice this or have any ideas on how to get the ipad input levels to behave like the ipod? Thanks - gt
OK on further research I think I have discovered that there is an automatic level control and high pass filter integrated into the mic-input of this ipad (perhaps all of them and the iphones), which the everyday looper app does not disable. see http://www.juce.com/forum/topic/disable ... filter-ios
So either I have to get the audio in some other way or this ipad cannot be used for everyday looper- It sounds terrible - no bass - no volume. And it works so well on the ipod 4th generation. Please help me cause this is getting way too complicated for my simple music brain. -gt

Finally - I purchased the newer iRig HD, which inputs the audio through the Lightning port. Everyday Looper now works beautifully on the iPad mini 2. Sorry for the rambling. - gt

Post subject: Re: input level on ipad mini 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:57 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi gtownsend :) !

Thanks for the feedback about the iRig HD. The first iRig was indeed not the best for high quality sound input ;).

Raphaël