It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 pm

Post subject: This looper is awesome!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:11 pm 
Thanks so much for creating an app that is actually useful to musicians! In my review on iTunes I noted that I played with it for 5 hours--I spent another 3 hours with it this morning. If you are interested, I made a webcam video of the last loop project of that session. Please search for "Orange Fat Man" on YouTube. (Due to the 10 minute video limit, I had to divide it into Orange Fat Man 1 and 2).

Post subject: Re: This looper is awesome!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:31 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Yeah ProfHop !

I read your review on the AppStore, it's greatly detailed ! That's an awesome support for me, thank you :) !

I'm viewing your videos right now, that's excellent, totally joyful. I'll had the first part to my "User Videos" section of the site.

By the way, I'm quite interested by how you have setup all your cables ? What is the "black box" just near the jack of the iPod ? I don't recognize anything that I'm aware of.

I'm really glad that Everyday Looper can have its place when you are doing your music :D.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:03 am 
Raphaël, my set-up is really not very hi-tech! I first plug into the iPod my Monster iSoniTalk microphone headphone adapter (http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=4571). A stereo headphone splitter is then plugged into the headphone jack of the Monster (one line goes to my headphones and one goes into the computer for recording the audio of the webcam capture).

I have been doing some reading about other input options for recording on the iPod--if I could get higher-quality signals into the iPod, I would use the app for my performances as well as recording/practicing/jamming. One product that I am considering buying is a breakout cable with two female 1/8" jacks (one stereo output and one mono input).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:06 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
I own the iSoniTalk, I didn't recognize it ;) . In my personal tests, I found the Philips SHH1610 to have a really greater sound quality than the Monster Cable.

For the input options, we had a little discussion about it here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9, there is some useful links to faberacoustical blog posts.

I really don't understand why no industrial has gone for a simple stereo line in / line out dock cable. All that already exist is incredibly pricey (maybe is it the reason ^^ ?).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:06 am 
What do you think of Blue's Mikey? I have been researching this mic and think that the new version coming out very soon could be promising.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:25 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
The first version had good user feedback, and as the second adds line-in, it can only be better ^^.

But in my opinion, it's still too pricey. That's something like 100 $ !