It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm

Post subject: Whole merged loop upload
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:49 pm 
Thank you so much for this app: it's very good! :D
I use the app for my 7th grade general music class. The school provides each child with an iPad and EveryDay Looper gives them a cringe-free opportunity to make up their own music at home which can then be performed at school without embarrassment; and the various loops can then be combined to create incidental music for film. I'm so glad I found it.

My only problem is that of getting the loops onto my computer for assessment. There only seems to be a facility to upload individual tracks from the http server. Is there a way that they could easily send all six tracks at once as a merged mp3 file rather than just the component ones? As a school teacher my time is limited. I neither want to spend time teaching them how to put it all into GarageBand for further treatment nor to assemble them back into loops myself. I also don't want them to merge the tracks within the application as that prevents them from carrying out further experimentation and development on them.

So far the only solution I've found is to record each one onto PhotoBooth - which is time consuming again. I'd far rather they could e-mail me their compositions. Can you help, please?

Post subject: Re: Whole merged loop upload
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:22 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi a.burgess !

So glad to read that you use Everyday Looper for education purposes :D !

I understand the problem you have. Doing that for dozens of childs would indeed be time-consuming. I didn't update Everyday Looper recently because I'm working on other projects, but I would like to go back to it soon. So I'll definitely think about something to solve this problem then. However don't expect a new version too soon because there is quite a few new features I would like to add.

In the mean time, your pupils can maybe save their loop, merge all in one track, download the track and load the un-merged track back.

Maybe you could even beta-test the next version of the app so you can tell me before hand if it solves your problem ?

Have a nice day !!

Raphaël