It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

Post subject: Few questions..
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:59 pm 
Hi, just started using the looper. I have a few questions.

1) Is it possible to get sound from other programs? For example when recoring bass would like to use my presets from Ampkit.

2) I have Quantize to loop set to record. This works as expected when I am creating a new loop via touching the ipad. Basically loops 2 - 6 will only start at the beginning of the first loop. I have an M-Audio SP1 foot switch setup to create new loops. Instead of waiting to the beginning of the the first loop to start recording loops 2 - 6 it starts recording as soon as I hit the footswitch.

3) Getting very inconsistent results with iodock. Running IOS 5.0.1 and latest alesis firmware. Basically either very noisy or just straight hiss. It looks like there may be some problems with the iodock and IOS 5.0.1. Just wanted to check if others had similar results

Thanks

Adam

Post subject: Re: Few questions..
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi adaminny !

I think I already answered the first question on Twitter ;). For the record, the answer is unfortunately no. We can't send live audio data through apps. You can only do it in a "deferred" way using copy/paste.

2) The record MIDI command only works as instant recording for now. It was designed to be used in combination with overdub recording mode, so you don't need the quantization, even with a two-handed instrument.

3) Yes, some other users have experienced exactly the same things, you take a look at this post from Soifran here : http://www.mancingdolecules.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=633#p633. Alesis seems to have some serious problems with it :| ...