It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm

Post subject: Visual Metronome?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:48 am 
Wondering if you could please add this feature? I saw it in another iPhone app called "Loopy" (its basically having the option of a flashing screen instead of hearing a click) and realized it was exactly what I needed... except I like your application better!!

The reason its so important is because I am using the everyday looper with microphones as a live performance tool, with a PA system, in front of a crowd. Having the visual metronome avoids having to use headphones so that the click does not get recorded back onto the loops. That way, with the visual flashing metronome, I wont need to use headphones at all. Everything can go through the PA system and the audience can hear the whole looping process as its being created! Let me know what you think. I personally think this is a HUGE issue. It seems impossible to create accurate drum loops without using any metronome, so basically I will always need one and having the visual option is just MASSIVE!!

Thanks so much for being so involved with this app!!

Post subject: Re: Visual Metronome?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi doubletap !

The visual metronome is quite a popular request, so it's not an idea that I would reject. However, if you have already used one, were you able to be precise enough with only a visual feedback ?

I'm still considering options to solve the live problem, so I'm open ^^.

Cheers !

Raphaël

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:04 am 
The visual metronome that Ive used within the "loopy" app is only a flashing light. That, on its own, is not really enough visual metronome information to create accurately timed complex loops. It only works for very simple stuff. I think a better option would be like the old time count down graphics that come on before a movie is played -- the metronome would be a number inside a circle with a meter going around the circle during each beat. At the top of each beat the whole screen would flash and the number inside the circle would change to reflect the next measure. Also it might be a cool idea if the color of the metronome graphic would change from one color during count-in to another color during recording.

Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 pm 
hi guys,

after 7 years of looping with all kind of stuff (computers, stomp boxes... and now my idevices) ...i´ve found that the uncomfortable earphone with a click track is the better.

it could be achieved with (a future...) stereo evdylooper by splitting left and right and sending the clicktrack to one channel and the loops to the other. using a cable like this:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2011/ ... hone-ipad/

visual metronome helps a lot, i use it too (with my computer) and is great. but not so accurate.

but the really good one, that technique that keeps a balance between accuracy, real live looping and comfortability is simply by recording a short loop with a sound (let´s say 1/4, just an open string or a beat with your hand or the voice) which will serve you as a natural click track,

or recording a short rhythmic pattern, which is easy and quick... as the loop is short.

that "click track" will be perfectly integrated later with the rest of music.

actually that´s not possible to be done with evdylooper, as it doesn´t allow multiple length loops.

someday, somehow, over the rainbow... in a future update... it will be possible... :)

cheers

david

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
http://www.en.davidfernandez.org
lllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll