It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm

Post subject: latency
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:14 am 
Hi Guys: Lovely Looper. I've been looping since day one and am totally impressed by how intuitive your looper is. Thanks!!
I am experiencing some latency using the iRig (with acoustic guitar line level). It's small but it certainly gives a doubling effect, maybe 10ms or so. I can work-around the problem by turning mic pass through off and running two separate cables (one for the live sound and the other for the iPod), but it's clumsy. Anyone else notice this? Is it normal, or do I have a problem with my setup? Perhaps using an acoustic guitar makes an otherwise small delay more noticeable. Thanks again. --gft

Post subject: Re: latency
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:25 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi gft !

Thanks for your fidelity :D !

You are right, there is a small delay between what you play and what you hear when using the "Microphone PassThrough" option. Technically it's because the iPhone doesn't offer a true "Direct Monitoring" option, like pro sound cards, so the input has to go through the app buffers to go out again.

This delay is compensated when writing to the track, so when it plays back on the second time, all is perfectly synced. But, unfortunately, it's impossible to get rid of the short delay on the "first time".

The solution you use (running two separate cables) is the best work-around !

Cheers :) !

Raphaël