It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

Post subject: Recording 2 handed instruments
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:37 pm 
I've just downloaded everyday looper onto my iPhone and I'm wondering how to record piano or guitar loops. I'm actually lieing in bed recovering from an illness, and I guess when I'm up and about I could figure this out, because it seems to be possible from the everyday looper YouTube videos I've watched. However if you could indulge a sick man ;-), could you run through the procedure for recording a two handed instrument.

Post subject: Re: Recording 2 handed instruments
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:18 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Liberalquilt !

You can have a look at this post where I've explained how to record a perfectly timed loop without touching the iDevice : http://www.mancingdolecules.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7&start=1

The only thing that has changed is that Recording -> Quantize to loop has become Commands -> Quantize To Loop -> Record.

Hope this help, tell me if something is still unclear.

Rest well :) !

Raphaël

Post subject: Re: Recording 2 handed instruments
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:50 pm 
Thanks Raphael. Your speedy response and kind words are much appreciated. I strongly suspect that EL will join Nanostudio and Fourtrack as one of my favourite music apps. It seems like it will be great for inspirational songwriting. I should have downloaded it ages ago. I only thought of seeing if there was a looper app because I was feeling bored in bed. Sometimes being ill has its uses!