It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

Post subject: MIDI
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:16 pm 
I have just bought your app and I think is really good. But i have a wish list.

With the new Line6 MidiMobilizer shipping, Are you thinking in implementing MIDI in your app?

http://www.thomann.de/es/line6_midi_mobilizer.htm

-You could use a MIDI foot pedal for remote operation.
-You could use MIDI sync to sync to a drum machine or synth.

This could be a fantastic addon. Of course it may be a version 2.0...

Post subject: Re: MIDI
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:31 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi mcpepe !

Thanks for buying the app and glad you like it :).

Midi could indeed be usefull in Everyday Looper, however it's not yet planned. Lots of thing to do before even thinking of it ^^.

Too bad that the iDevices only have one dock, it would not be possible to use the Mobilizer and the ProTrack (or the incoming GuitarJack) at the same time ...

Have fun !

Raphaël

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:20 am 
I'd like to echo the midi request. EDL is sweet, but will never be 100% useable in a band setting if you can't synch to external (usually midi) gear and such. Plus, how awesome would it be to be able to control EDL through foot pedals like the logidy one (their techs told me by email that it was iPad compatible) to trigger loops, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:23 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi alivewire !

Your feedback has been taken into account ;) . I still have to think about if/when/how I will dive into Midi and how I would articulate it with the other developments I have to do.

Cheers !

Raphaël

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:03 am 
Hi there, just some questions and a possibility of updating this page (since this was the page that appeared after a google search... and the info seems outdated).

So just to confirm... MIDI is now incorporated into Everyday Looper isn't it?

and some details...
- are both of Line6's "MIDImobiliizer1" and "MIDImobiliizer2" supported?
- does it matter which device is running the app (I'm using an iPodTouch2ndGen)?

-Lid55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:42 am 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Lid55 !

So yes, MIDI is incorporated in Everyday Looper now ;). For now, it can receive MIDI messages to trigger recording, play/pause and stop.

I didn't test any of the Line 6 devices, but only the MIDI mobilizer 2 should work, because EL needs Core MIDI support.

Theoretically, it could work on an iPod touch 2G, but I don't think there is any Core MIDI device compatible with it. So practically, it works starting from the iPod touch 3G and the iPhone 3GS.

Raphaël

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:54 pm 
Hadn't been back to the forum in a while, but I wanted to say "thanks" for implementing midi on EDL. I've been using it with my logidy USB / midi pedal. Even works plugged directly into the Camera Connection Kit without extra power from a USB hub or other external supply. I like that I can save the midi settings once in EDL and I don't have to set it up every time I connect. Good job!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:06 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Thanks for taking the time to come back here and glad the way I implemented it suits your needs :) !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:45 pm 
Same here! I love how MIDI is implemented as well!

Well.. I haven't used it yet as I am having hard time finding a foot pedal to connect to my iPhone to control it.

Can any of you guys recommend me something that I can go hands free for my iPhone?

Thanks so much!

Ps. I almost bought the Boss RC-3 last night but back of my mind... I want to try EDL first with a pedal.. Hahah

Thanks Rafael for a tremendous job and everyone else who will help me find this pedal... hopefully. lol

cheers ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:02 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi dkijc !

I don't any Core MIDI pedal that would connect directly to the iPhone dock connector, so, first, you will need a midi interface like the iRig MIDI or the Midi mobilizer 2.

Then it's a matter of choosing a MIDI pedal. I used an Behringer FCB1010 a few years ago, it's cheap and works quite well. But it's a bit overkill for an Everyday Looper use, it has 10 switches and 2 expression pedals ^^. The ideal thing would be something like a Logidy UMI3, but with a MIDI connector instead of the USB one. Unfortunately, I don't know any...

Tell us updated if you find one, or if anyone here knows one, please share :) !

Cheers,

Raphaël