It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm

Post subject: Praise and some suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:59 am 
Hi,

I just downloaded Everyday Looper and I'm very impressed with it. The interface is gorgeous. Really one of the best in all iPhone/iPod apps I've seen.

But...

I'm using a 2nd generation iPod and the newest os with a McAlly iVoice mic and the latency is really a bit too high to do rhythmically precise stuff. I'd guess it's at least 35 ms. I've read somewhere that this has to do with some recent changes made to the os. Well, thank you Apple :x

Anyway, I really hope there is a way of getting them to turn to this issue. And maybe you can squeeze out a few ms here and there in the next version.

The second most important feature for me would be a possibility to make the loop lengths of the four loops independent of each other and being able to double the loop lengths on the fly.

Panning would be great. Also, the ability to punch in and out of loops. But I'm sure you're already thinking about these.

Thanks for making this great app. Now let's hope Apple do their job and give it the chance to really shine.

Cheers,
Axel

Post subject: Re: Praise and some suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:21 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Axel !

Glad you like the app :).

You are totally right for the latency, I'll work on it for the next upgrade. Will try to compensate it the best I can.

For loop with different lengths, it's planned.

For panning, I'm still not sure how I could do it properly. I explain myself.

I can't make the tracks stereo, not enough memory for that, so I'm bound to add panning to mono tracks. A problem arise when you throw the merge function in the game :P . If my 1° track is full left, my 2° full right and want to merge 1° in the 2°, its sound will "jump" from left to right. I'm not sure I'm OK with this, and I don't see other viable alternative. So it's an hold for the moment.

For punch in and out, for which function do you want them ? Recording ? So "quantize to somethingOtherThanTheLoop" ?

Have fun Axel :D !

Raphaël

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 pm 
Thanks for the answer, Raphaël. This memory issue makes me wonder how long your loops can be. Does everyday looper keep them in the ram or does it write them to the hd directly?

Personally, I could live with a panning function as you describe it. Having a stereo output would outweigh the limitations for me.

On the punch in: I really wasn't thinking when writing this. Of course you can already punch in and out of loops.

And yes, some basic input effects would be fantastic.

Keep up the good work. I wish you lots of downloads.

Cheers,
Axel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:37 am 
Mancing Dolecules Team
It keeps them in RAM, so you have 45 seconds max for each track :) .