It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Microphones and other input options
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 pm 
Thank you Raphaël !

I had not read the description about this accessorie correctly .. you're right : there is not much differences between an iPod 4G and an iPhone 4, and I thought that the accessory function properly :cry:
Thank you you saved me an unnecessary purchase !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:03 pm 
Hello,

I have just come across this wonderful app! It's really a great pleasure to use.
However I'm having some trouble with the input:
I bought an Agile Partner's AmpKit Link for using the Everyday-Looper with an Input "Line-In" (a Microphone connected to a voice-processor (Boss) -> I'm using the output (on line-in-level) as a "source" for the AmpKit). Here's a schematic:

Mic -> Boss Voice-Processor -> AmpKit Link Line-In -> iPhone -> Everyday-Looper -> AmKit Link Output -> Headphone/Amplifier

What I would like to have is a through-loop that allows the "Line-In" Signal to pass through the iPhone to the Output-Jack (that I connect on the Headphones or an amplifier). Like this: when I'm singing I hear what I do on the Headphone/Amplifier.
Currently the recording of loops in Everyday-looper works very nice and once I stop recording I can also hear what I did on the headphones/Amplifier. But that's the thing: only once I finished the recording I'm able to hear it. There seems to be something that prevents the through-connection and this is indeed very annoying....because it also prevents any "improvisation" without using the recording-functionality of the everyday-looper...

I can potentially think of two potential reasons for the encountered issue:
a) Everyday-Looper prevents the through-connection and blocks the connection between input and output unless the recording is finished
b) The Amp-Kit not only limits feedback in terms of output that back-couples to the input, but also input is actively prevented to go the output...

Or am I missing something here? Any help/suggestion would be highly appreciated! I hope I was able to describe in an understandable way my problem?

With best regards!

Mat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:01 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Mat !

If I get it right, your problem should be very easy to solve. Just go in Menu -> Options -> Input and enable "Microphone PassThrough". That should do it :).

Cheer !

Raphaël

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:43 pm 
Just wanted to share with everyone about Tascam iU2 interface - it works great with EDL on my iPod Touch 4gen. I haven't seen anyone mentioning it here on forum so I decided to share. No problem with mono/stereo or any other input. This interface has very quiet preamps and true phantom power (tested with multimeter - 47,7 volts output) and has midi interfaces too, extremely useful for ELD as you all know now :) ! Other software works perfect with midi/audio OOB Animoog, Thimbjam and others...

If anyone has any questions about iU2 I am ready to share my personal experience because not everything is out of the box with it, but still I am very satisfied !

At last I just wat to express my endless gratitude for making EDL, really amazing in many ways ! Please carry on and surprise us further :) !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:29 am 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Thanks a lot for sharing and for expressing your gratitude, that's much appreciated :) !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:19 pm 
Hello! This is my little problem:

I have Iphone 4 with everyday looper, electric guitar, effect pedal, microphone (AKG beatbox battle :P), amplifier and headphones. And Alesis Protrack

I want to make it sound. But I cant :(. I think something is not compatible. When I try to record something in EL with the guitar, it doesnt record the input sound. Same with the microphone. And its very disgusting because all the time it records the sound from the alesis microphone behind.

So I think its not possible to use Alesis Protrack as input device. Then, which device do you think I have to buy to make it work? With IRig is possible to record with EL the sound of the microphone and the electric guitar, passing through the effects pedal?

Another question I have: is it possible to play the sound in amplifier and headphones at the same time (also with the connections of the irig with the guitar mic and stuff)? And can I record everything also connecting the iphone to the computer?

Sorry for my english, and thank you by the way!

Peace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 am 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi ciervo :)

I think the ProTrack is not compatible with the iPhone 4 indeed.

The iRig should work for a guitar and maybe a mic if you use a preamp if needed. But you only have one input so it would be the guitar and then the mic, not both at the same time.

And the iRig will not provide a top notch sound, mainly because it's plugged in the jack input. But it's one of the cheapest. Other options are dock input devices, like the Apogee Jam, but they are more expensive.

And yes, you can play the sound in an amplifier, headphones and computer at the same time. Just use a splitter, like the belkin rockstar, or use your computer as a splitter/router if you have enough audio outputs.

Hope this helps !

Raphaël

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:56 pm 
Thank you for the response mate!

Ok, so I may buy the Apogee jam. But then, is it impossible to play with two inputs at the same time. With the option of alternate them. Or I have to change the input manually (which doesnt sound good)

Do you know any simple preamp for the microphone?

Peace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 pm 
Hey!!

I already bought apogee jam and belkin rockstar, and I am very excited, this is wonderful! But I have still two little problems.

The first is when I record sound, even with the mic input, the iphones microphone is also recording the sound. I want to disconect this to only record the sound from the microphone!

The second is the sound level. When I record something in EL, it appears with a very low sound level, and I have to reach it up manually. Do you know how to solve this, I want more volume.

Thank you again, very gratefull I am :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:30 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hey :)

For your first problem, it's probably the sound of your speakers that is leaking in the mic. Using headphones should solve the problem.

For the second one, you have a gain control on the Apogee Jam. Just use it to set the level as you wish :).

Cheers !

Raphaël

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next