It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

Post subject: Import WAV to EDL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:00 pm 
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find this topic in the forum...

Is there a way to import WAV files from a PC to EDL? I've got a ton of audio drum loops that I'd love to use in EDL.

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: Import WAV to EDL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:09 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Karma !

There is no direct way to import Wav files into EDL for now. But there is a workaround using AudioCopy/Paste and an app like Audioforge.

With Audioforge you can transfer from your PC to Audioforge, then Copy in Audioforge and finally Paste in Everyday Looper. Certainly not ideal, and maybe not suitable for tons of loops, but at least possible ;) .

Cheers !

Raphaël

edit : It seems that AudioView, from the same author, can do the same job and is cheaper.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:06 pm 
Excellent... thanks much for the quick response. Love the app.

Peace,

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:30 pm 
can this be done on a mac? i have to admit i'm a little confused. it's an iphone app, right? how would copy and paste a file (and it's gotta be with audioforge copy function?) into an iphone app?

oh. duh. i found audioforge on the itunes store. that clears things up for me. screw it, if i've got $10 on my card i'll download both and see if i can get it working. promise to help me if it's wonky? ; P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:26 pm 
ok, so i bought and downloaded everyday looper and audioforge, but i still can't seem to import audio. i open up a loop in audioforge, then copy the selection to the clipboard, then switch to EL, go to tools, hit paste in the paste mode, but it shows me the clipboard is empty. what gives?

also, the microphone passthrough levels are MUCH lower than the signals are once they've been looped and i turn them up even halfway. is there a way to increase the passthrough volume?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:13 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Messiahwannabe !

In Audioforge, you can use the import/export screen. It pops up when tapping the button with a waveform surrounded by two rounded arrows. Then on the import/export screen, you tap on the speaker with the up going arrow, and then AudioCopy.

That way it should copy your entire file, and you will see it in the AudioPaste section of EDL (it will be named "AudioForge").

Tell me if it is works for you :).

Raphaël

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:05 pm 
great, thanks, that little menu item was hard to find - i spent like an hour trying to find it! loop import working now :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:35 pm 
Hey guys, for those still interested in the topic - i just found the app "Smart Recorder Lite" which does the MAPI copying to EDL job for free!