It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

Post subject: Android?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:05 pm 
Hi there!

i saw a very intriguing video of your wonderful app on youtube, and as an android user i was hoping that you are going to make a port to android! i'd be the first to pay for it ;)

cya

Post subject: Re: Android?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Scythe :) !

No Android port is planned. The Android JDK and NDK don't look as capable as iPhone SDK regarding audio low latency dev. But I can be wrong, I have only read the doc and listen to dev feedback, not tried it myself.

Android also has the disadvantage, from a dev point of view, of running on multiple different devices (different CPU/GPU, screen ratio, size, resolution, multi-touch capacities, ...) and that's a nightmare regarding support.

Cheers,

Raphaël

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:39 pm 
thanks for the quick reply!

well thats a pity.. id really appreciate it if you'd give it a try nonetheless.
i am not a dev so i dont really know how you could take the challenge of multiple devices..

but theres alot of apps in the market that use multitouch (is multitouch really necessary or could you maybe do a workaround? like multiselecting the tracks for volumecontrol) and work on a large variety of android phones!
just know that i'd really pay a good amount of money for this amazing app! and i reckon that i wont be the only one.

have a nice day ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:45 am 
I would also pay good money to use this app on my nexus one

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:32 pm 
Yeah. I know a few people who'd pay for this. And given the rising rise in Android market share AND the new, far more powerful machines coming on-line, it'd be a pity for the developer to avoid such a huge revenue stream merely in order to avoid dev headaches and actually, like, get sleep and have a life. ;-)

Seriously, though, some of us musicians would die to have this on Android. Which, of course, presents the problem that if that were the price, we'd be left unable to use it once obtained, since we'd be dead.

Bother. There's nothing for it.

;-D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:06 am 
First of all: It's a very nice app for the iphone! Works perfectly!

Please do consider making this wonderful app available for android phones even if it's quite cumbersome. We'd be very very grateful!:)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:25 pm 
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS FOR ANDROID!

I have been searching high and low for something like this for android. Nothing half decent exists.

I would definitely pay good money for this. Surely there must be some movement on this by now? :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:57 pm 
No need to beg this developer any longer, Single Cell Software has the Android communities back. LoopStack is in the Android Market, and looks to be on par with this guys app.
I'll put on my tin foil hat and say I think this low latency and fragmentation arguement is used to discourage development for the Android platform.
I do hope this developer invests their time and talent into other platforms, because what they have here is really cool.