It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 pm

Post subject: ED Looper with CoreAudio e.g. Line 6 Mobile In
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:54 pm 
Please please please let there be a solution for this... Everyday Looper is SO cool and will be invaluable to me if (and only if) I can get support for CoreAudio.

I'm trying to use a Line 6 Mobile In on an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1. Other apps, e.g. TC Polytune etc. are working fine with this interface, but Everyday Looper ignores it. I see that other people are using the Alesis IO Dock so I assumed that CoreAudio was supported. Is this not the case? Is there some reason why the Line 6 Mobile In is not recognized.

Everyday Looper is an amazingly intuitive design and I'm dying to get to work with it. But I will need higher fidelity input than the 1/8 mic jack offers. Please help!

Post subject: Re: ED Looper with CoreAudio e.g. Line 6 Mobile In
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:53 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi mbenigni !

Everyday Looper is developed with CoreAudio at its root, as are most of the music app out there. I've successfully tested it with the iODock and standard USB audio devices on iPad and with the ProTrack on iPhone. So I don't see any obvious reason why it would not work with the MobileIn.

The iODock was a bit tricky regarding the sequence in which you plugged it and launched the app. You had to plug the unit first, wait a bit for iOS to detect it, kill EL in the "recently launched apps" bar to be sure it's a fresh start, and then launch the app. It was not always needed, but this way it worked every time.

Maybe you should try this too with the MobileIn ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 pm 
Thank you for the quick reply, Raphael! I'm glad to hear that this is a supported technology, at least. I will try your recommendations again, but I'm not very hopeful since I had already done this the last time I tested (i.e. killing any instances in "previously launched" and running again.)

I've also got an iPad running an older OS that I can test. Maybe we'll track this down to some kind of incompatibility with the latest OS?

I'll be back with my results in the next couple of days.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:17 pm 
So this is interesting... the application still refuses to acknowledge the Mobile In on my iPhone, but it does work (albeit somewhat unreliably) on my iPad (1). The iPad however is not running the latest and "greatest" iOS, so I suspect there is a compatibility problem between the Mobile in and iOS 5.0.1. So this leaves me in a bind - I can't use ED Looper on the iPhone, where it would be best suited, and I'm afraid to upgrade the OS on my iPad in order to test my theory. (I've never tried to downgrade OS on either of these devices; I'm not even sure that's possible.)

Is anyone else out there using the Line 6 Mobile In? I'd like to compare notes. Thanks.