It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

Post subject: Please Help, looper sound quality question
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:00 pm 
I bought the everyday looper thinking it would be great to record affermations, especially multi-layered. I turned it on and started speaking. When I listened to the playback the voice was horribly crackley, tinny, poor quality - nowhere near good enough for recording affermations.

I know that the iphone4 is a decent recorder as I record affermations with another app called mindMedic and the sound quality is spot on. So i am guessing i need to either set some diferent peramaters or limiters???? Please help.

Thanks,
Popcorn

Also:
when I exit the app by pressing the home button (iphone 4) their is a permanent red band on the top of my home screen with everyday looper glowing on it.

I can't see any reference to a off button, I had to deleat the app off my phone to get rid of the red band...

am I missing something really simple OR have I not watched the relevant tutorial video to learn how to exit the app properly? Shouldn't an off button be...? em....obvious? forgive my lack of intuition.

Post subject: Re: Please Help, looper sound quality question
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:27 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Popcorn !

The recording quality in Everyday Looper should be as good as any of your other recording apps. So there is definitely something wrong. Can you activate the "Microphone PassThrough" option and tell me if the sound you hear that way (without recording) is of spot on quality ? Are you recording with the integrated microphone ?

Also you can get rid of the red band by pausing the playing before exiting the app. It's the "2 fingers at the same time" tap gesture.

Raphaël

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:04 am 
Hey Raphaël !

I am soooooo glad you responded to my post I had though I would have to, 'scrap the app'

I reinstalled it after I read your comment and gues what?

IT WORKS PERFECTLY NOW!

i have no crackling, no tinnyness & distortion.......this thing is everything I hoped it would be

AND I got rid of the red band

Thank you again for replying.....It works fine now (it must have been a bad install because I havn't changed anythin)

My heart sank yesterday when I tried it out......Thank you.....I'm really looking forward to playing with this thing now.

Best wishes,
Popcorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:13 am 
I realise this is off topic BUT would these be a good recorder for looper:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PHILIPS-SHH9506-O ... 20ba3afa13

They are:
PHILIPS SHH9506 OVERHEAD HEADPHONES FOR IPOD/IPHONE MIC

Cheers!

Oh, just a thought: Reverb would be a great feature

And what about, echo too?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:35 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Great to hear that it works for you now :D !

Regarding the philips headphones+mic, it should work without any problem with EDL. I didn't tried it, but my experience with a cheap philips iphone mic was very good. Excellent quality. However, as the mic is very close to the headphones, it may not be very handy for anything other than singing.

For the effects, that's something I may add in the future.

Cheers !

Raphaël