It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

Post subject: P_E_D_A_L_
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:57 pm 
hi again raphael,

a pedal is a need for all those who have our hands playing our instrument. i found some ideas:

1 - i simply connect my instrument´s clean signal (it´s got two outs) to the amp, the other one to evdylooper, but using a volume pedal in the middle, so when the a track is recording in overdub i mute the processed signal (meanwhile evdylooper continues recording, but no signal gets in) if i don´t want to record something that i am playing, then i can set volume up to record when needed.

the problem is the track records too much noise meanwhile.

2 - apple´s bluetooth keyboard!! i know this could be too much work for you, but we have already got a wireless and small harware full of buttons made working perfectly with the iphone/ipod/ipad, let´s use it!
evdylooper could have a menu in which you can assign all it´s functions to a key. then it depends on the musician´s ability to press the keys with the foot (space key is easy, the rest you have to be a monkey to do it right). but it is not difficult at all to make a footswitcher to press accurately 4 - 6 keys.

anyway you could always set "space" to record-stop recording last used track, and that´s a real improvement.

3 - http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/stompbox maybe this could also be an option. just setting one switcher to scroll the tracks and select the one to modify, one to record/stop recording, one to mute/unmute, and the other one... we have one switcher free!!!

thanks a lot for your patient and your attention.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
http://www.en.davidfernandez.org
lllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Post subject: Re: P_E_D_A_L_
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:45 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi again David !

I agree P_E_D_A_L_S would be cool :D !

For 2) it would be kind of hacky, and I fear the latency. Needs to be tested, but it would not be my first choice.

For 3) it seems to be a well designed beast, but I don't see any mention to an open SDK. Probably because it's not available yet, it would not make sense to build such hardware only for their own app.

More generally speaking, pedals support is something high in my priority list. I just need to find the best way to do it ^^.

Cheers !

Raphaël

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:02 pm 
one more idea!!

with btstack (jailbreak my iphone? ...i hate it!!) you can connect a bluetooth mouse to your ipad/iphone/ipodtouch... so i could handle it with my foot, moving it over the tracks and clicking over the desired place pressing it with my toe!

:0

let´s hope better solutions are in the way. meanwhile i will continue using imagination.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
http://www.en.davidfernandez.org
lllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:53 pm 
would there be a chance in the future of this app for midi notes to be able to arm/record/mute/delete individual tracks? i have a behringer fcb1010 floor stomp controller and since it's very easy to connect midi devices to the ipad now it would be super rad for me(and all other guitar/bass/violin players who need 2 hands while performing live) to be able to trigger the functions of each track via the foot controller...

i tried doing this on the ipad with my toes but i almost broke my leg(and ipad) the other day ;]

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:56 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
That's something I'm thinking about, for sure !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:02 am 
This would be such an incredible feature to implement. i like the midi learn function you have going. The start /stop/ record is a key addition. Using a sustain pedal through a midi keyboard works. Being able to use hardware is very useful performing live- often touch instruments, though neat and space-saving, can be difficult to manipulate live.

There are a couple ideas that I had. My uma-25 s like many midi controllers/keyboards has a number of buttons and pots/ faders. Assigning these via midi directly to tracks for selecting to record/send for FX, fade in/ out would add increase functionality tenfold. Just think: instantly transforming your iPad into a jamie lidell/beardyman machine.

Speaking of FX: Beatcrusher? Delay? Reverb? These are rolling out on apps like multitrack, improvox and beatmaker, and used in this everyday looper could take it to new heights. Kaoss pad-like stuff? X/Y or accelerometer... Maybe in-app purchases? If these become a reality on an app like this, I can see it really making a difference in the looping world.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:24 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Thanks for sharing your ideas Chris :) !