It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Post subject: ::: toy VS. tool :::
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:00 pm 
hi raphael,

i'm very content with the new "overdub" function and the new gestures (muting just with one touch!).

i use your app intensively everyday (living up to it's name) up to 6 - 8 hours, 6 days a week. i work in the streets playing my cello and thanks to evdylooper i am able to make it easily.

but i am also so sad. probably the most beautiful part of evdylooper, it´s simple and intuitive interface - the absence of buttons - , is at the same time it´s biggest limitation. evdylooper has got important lacks as a looper when you use it intensively in front of an audience and with no other tools helping you. as it happens with much other iphone apps... it´s more a toy than a real tool.

i can accept you can´t pretend your mobile device to act as a computer, but the reality is that the possibilities this app has opened are there, and it makes me sad to think it will stay as "the most cool and funny looper for the iphone". when it could be a so powerful tool to create and perform live.

i also accept performing musicians are just a few hundreds, and i know to make popular an app you have to make it easy of use. so...

why not to put something like an "advanced functions menu" button, in which you choose between toy and tool?

i am not going to mention everything evdylooper needs to become an adult, as it´s already in the forum and i think you know... (just to say an X fade between beginning and end of loop and the loop-doubling feature are really big needs).

by the way, it´s just a dream for those who have our hands on an instrument:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/stompbox

there will be a pedal for the iphone, some day we won´t touch our multitouch screens at all.

one thousand thanks for your attention.

david

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
http://www.en.davidfernandez.org
lllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Last edited by gamuso on Mon May 02, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: ::: toy VS. tool :::
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:06 pm 
just one more thing.

when you load a new loop or a click track, you have to go back manually to the new created tracks. wouldn´t it be easier just to be there automatically?

and what about the folders? i have like 50 songs, folders would help a lot to keep the work flow in order.

sorry, i spend so much time with your app and sometimes i feel so... happy!!

thanks again.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
http://www.en.davidfernandez.org
lllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Post subject: Re: ::: toy VS. tool :::
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:05 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi David !

I'm glad that you liked the new upgrade. Based on what you previously said, I hoped it would be the case :).

Everyday Looper has some lacks, I agree. The important thing is that I think I know which ones, and I will work to make Everyday Looper fit more and more musicians. But if you are able to use it - and choose to use it over every other loopers available - for live performance, I hope it's already a little bit more than a toy.

Your feedback is very much appreciated, it shows how much you like EDL :D.

I may be not as fast as you would like to develop the features you need, and I may even develop features that you, personally, don't need at all ;) . But time is a freedom I can't give up, that's what I need to make well-designed features.

But I can assure you that my goal is not to make a toy. I know the market for performing musicians is quite small. Too small for a 6$ price at least. What I'm trying to do is to stay true to the basic game-play of the original version and adding advanced features that beginners don't necessarily have to know/use. That's the beauty of a no-button interface, I don't clutter the screen when adding advanced features.

I keep all your suggestions in mind, thanks for taking the time to write such a - almost philosophical - feedback. That way I can explain what I have in mind for Everyday Looper and how I work in a more general way :).

Cheers !

Raphaël