It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm

Post subject: Locked up!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:17 pm 
So far this thing does not work, cant erase anything, or hear it seems to be locked up, if there are particular "mic" requirements it would be nice to know before purchase, I have a "Blue" mic plugged in is this my issue?

Post subject: Re: Locked up!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Mandolinman !

I own an Alesis ProTrack, another dock mic, and it works really well, so no worries on this side I think. All the mics that work on other audio apps will work with Everyday Looper.

First, I need to know if you have on iPhone or iPod Touch and which generation it is ?

Your problem may be that the "Blue" mic is a pure input device, so you may need to connect something to the headphone output in order for it to work.

Connect your blue mic, then the headphones and finally launch the app.

Does this helps ?

Raphaël

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:19 am 
Hey thanks

I have a ipod touch version 3.1.1 software, the mic is a "Mikey"

http://www.bluemic.com/mikey/original/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:29 am 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Ok, do you know if it's a 2° or 3° gen iPod ?

Does plugging the headphones to the iPod jack do the trick ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:04 am 
I have a gen 3 , so it has the normal headphone jack, then the other connector port. With the Mickey pluged in you cant get to the head phone jack, the mickey has the Mic on one side and plyback speakers on the rear, it sonds like there should be a separte mic and headphone input?

Pluging the regular headphones in does nothing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:14 am 
Mancing Dolecules Team
The Mikey seems to be, as my Alesis ProTrack, a half-duplex device. Meaning it can't record and play at the same time. Which in a way is a good thing, because the speaker is so close to the microphone that it would lead to horrible feedback.

With which app have you already successfully used the Mikey ? By the way, as you have a 3° gen iPod you should have an headset (headphones + mic on the cable) bundled with the unit. It doesn't work with it neither ? When you plug the headset, then launch the app and then tap a track, it doesn't start recording ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:35 pm 
So i guess I have a gen 2 since the mic didnt come with it, but I do have the "voice memos" app and the mikey works fine for that. So it seemed to work for a moment, there are tracks showing but I cant erase, merge, play, and it will not generate a click track. I can get to the tools, and change the settings but no action on the track itself, is there a way to re-boot this app?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:53 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
You have been able to record tracks during the first launches and now you can't anymore ?

You can simply delete the app and download it again from the app store, you will not be charged twice.

Keep me updated :) !