It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 pm

Post subject: [Blog] Merge your tracks a.k.a. Version 1.1 of Everyday Looper
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:53 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
* Comments topic for the blog post Merge your tracks a.k.a. Version 1.1 of Everyday Looper *

[caption id="attachment_383" align="alignright" width="172" caption="Merging Track 1 Into Track 3"][/caption]

We are back with a new version of our dear looper !

It's already live on the AppStore, here as usual.

But what's new in this version ? Something that some of you wanted deeply (yes, I know that, because you told me ^^) : Track Merging. And it's done in the way we always do things, it's a no-brainer. No need to go back to the menu or whatever, just Tap and Hold a track, drag it to it's destination, and it'll merge in real-time !

We also have added the same limiter that we use for the main output, with tweaked settings, in the merge algorithm. So you can stack up quite a big number of tracks before saturation.

By the way, we now have a Twitter account : MancingDols so you can stay updated on a "micro-blog" basis. The blog is now 2.0 enabled too, you can tweet or "facebookise" with a click, put it to good use :).

Our mail and forum are always open as usual, for all that you have to say to us.

And if you like the app, don't forget to review/rate us on the AppStore, it's a greatly appreciated support :)

Have fun !

Post subject: off topic request
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:26 am 
I just saw the Everyday Looper on matrixsyth.blogspot.com. It looks great but I only have a v1 ipod touch. Never mind I bought the app anyway - you guys need the money right?

But please please please, can you have an i-pad compatible version available asap, cos that's a "must-have" item right?

Of course some more tracks available would be nice, and since I can't play with mine right now, I don't know if you can you alter time signatures? 4/4 kills me!

good luck with it anyway

sleazy@mac.com

Post subject: Re: [Blog] Merge your tracks a.k.a. Version 1.1 of Everyday Loop
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:58 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hey unkle sleazy !

Thanks for your "support" purchase :mrgreen: !

I don't know yet if I will develop an iPad version. What is sure, if I do, is that I will not start the dev until I have one in my hand. The interface user-friendliness and the multi-touch interaction are too important for starting the dev on an emulated version on my mac.

In fact, time signature is not involved at all in the click track :D ! You simply say "generate X beats at Y BPM" and that's all.

Thanks for your encouragement :).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:09 am 
hi,

any news on an updated ipad version ? will you do an update for automatic punch in/out ?
how does the overdub function work currently, can i stay in record mode after the first pass for an overdub ? is there an undo/redo toggle function ?
time stretch algo for half speed/double speed ?

sorry for attacking you with all these questions, your app looks very promising, therefore i am curious.

thanks
prophonic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:33 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi Prophonic !

No iPad version is on the work and none is planned for now. But I'm curious, what would you like to see on an iPad version ?

Automatic punch in/out, if you are speaking about recording, is the "Quantize Recording To Loop" option. It will automatically start recording at the beginning of the loop and stop it at the end. Punch in/out from any point in the loop is not planned. Was it what you was looking for ?

There is no overdub currently, you just record a new loop on a free track and then merge it with a pre-existing track if you are happy with it.

No undo/redo yet, but planned. No Time Stretching either, but not planned. Probably a pitch up/down, but no Time Stretch/Pitch Shift.

I think I've answered all your questions ^^. If something is still unclear, feel free to ask.

Cheers :) !