It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Post subject: Building up songs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:22 pm 
Just bought EL last night and it's certainly an entertaining little program! The only drawback seems to be that there is no easy way to build up a song with it (as far as I can tell as a novice). I had another look at what the French guy was doing. He seems to be piping the audio into his laptop and recording it there, but would it be difficult for EL to record it straight to a file on the iPhone?

I guess you could have a finger swipe which commits the loops as you have them to the file. Then you add some stuff and when you commit again, it would tack your modified loops onto the end of the last commit. I don't care if this recorded version is already mixed down. I wouldn't expect to be able to go back and edit earlier parts of the song. (That would add interface overhead and I like EL for the way it's so simple to use.)

Anyway, great job you guys!

Post subject: Re: Building up songs
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:16 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi ekc !

Quote:
I guess you could have a finger swipe which commits the loops as you have them to the file. Then you add some stuff and when you commit again, it would tack your modified loops onto the end of the last commit. I don't care if this recorded version is already mixed down. I wouldn't expect to be able to go back and edit earlier parts of the song. (That would add interface overhead and I like EL for the way it's so simple to use.)

What you are describing here is quite like a sequencer, I will not go in that direction with Everyday Looper.

Quote:
Just bought EL last night and it's certainly an entertaining little program! The only drawback seems to be that there is no easy way to build up a song with it (as far as I can tell as a novice). I had another look at what the French guy was doing. He seems to be piping the audio into his laptop and recording it there, but would it be difficult for EL to record it straight to a file on the iPhone?

That would be possible yes. I keep it in a corner of my head.

Thanks for your feedback !