It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

Post subject: performing live
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:48 am 
Hi , I love your app and i think it might change my life.

I play harmonica and i have being making all kinds of fun loops with it !!

But I am thinking about trying this live , I wanted to know if i get the Irig can i run a mic line in (Sure58) for vocals and harmonica , if not is there anything else i could try ?

Also I have recently befriended a man says he would , modify and/or put together any combination of things to have this happen , My dream would be some kind of device that i could us to
:1) run a mic line
2) and a second input for either guitar amp ,or acoustic instrument
3) two outputs 1 for me and one to P.A and
4)going into Iphone.
Can the phone handle a combination of signals like that ?
if not could i run the Iphone into a mixer

AM I ASKING TOO MUCH OUT OF THE IPHONE ?

THank you for your AMAZING CREATION

Post subject: Re: performing live
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:04 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Hi lovinglooper !

Glad you Love the app :D .

I have not tried iRig + dynamic mic, but I had some feedback about it being very quiet. Which can be understood, the signal level of a dynamic mic is low and the iRig tends to pad down the input to cope with hotter guitar signals. So if you have a preamp, it would probably work well, but without you would have to deal with low input volume. IK has presented the iRig mic : http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigmic/features/that seems to be well design for the iPhone. It's an electret mic, and that's the kind of mic the jack input of the iPhone has been designed for.

You can always run the iPhone through a mixer. Its audio output is nothing fancy, so it will not be a problem.

For the more complicated things you want to achieve, it may be possible.

First you would need a stereo input for 1) and 2), that disqualify the jack input. Except if you put a mixer before it. Remember that Everyday Looper records and playback in mono only. One dock device would do what you want for 1) and 2). It's the Alesis ProTrack. But unfortunately, it seems to be discontinued, and it worked only on pre-4th generarion devices. The Sonoma GuitarJack might be a solution too, but it has the drawback of requiering apps to implement a "control panel" to work at its full potential. A control panel that Everyday Looper does not implement (yet ?).

For 3), you could just use a simple jack splitter, if you just want the same output on P.A. and in your monitoring headphones. If you want more complicated routing, like only track 4 on your headphones for exemple, it's not doable yet. Because Everyday Looper manages only a mono output. When/if I implement stereo management, you may have workarounds by splitting your stereo output to 2 mono.

One device that I'm quite excited about is the Alesis StudioDock. It's like the big brother of the ProTrack, but it's for iPad. It has a dual input too, even if I'm not sure you can "merge them" from the device to a mono signal like on the ProTrack.

So no perfect solution yet, but we are all making progress (hardware manufacturers and software designers), so it's getting in the good direction ^^.

Cheers !

Raphaël

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:44 am 
Thank you , i think I am gonna just try rigging my own split cable(s) idea !!!!http://www.mancingdolecules.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=131#

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:42 pm 
you said "You can always run the iPhone through a mixer. Its audio output is nothing fancy, so it will not be a problem."

Could i run a Harmonica, guitar, vocals into a mixer then that into the irig then into the iphone ?]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:57 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
Yes, you can do that too. In fact it's even a good idea, because you will be able to finely adjust the input level with the mixer, which was the tricky part of the iRig.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:39 am 
Do you recommend I order the Irig or the or use the griffin Guitar connector ? Dont mind the price just want the best !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 am 
Is there anything cons i should know that the griffin has ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:48 am 
Is there anything cons i should know that the griffin has ?

And any feedback fromyour users about the ampkit link?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:40 pm 
Mancing Dolecules Team
You can check this test from the excellent Palm Sounds blog : http://the-palm-sound.blogspot.com/2010/08/guitar-interfaces-and-apps.html. This should answer your question :D !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 am 
Hey Hey Hey , so I spend around $20 , to build my own irig type deal got it set -up and ready , I can hear the headphone part but its not registering my Sure mic instead it only picks up the built in mic even though its still plugged in . Got any hints on why the mic is not being picked up ?

Last edited by lovinglooper on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.